Boys Dorm Parent
Oakdale Christian Academy of Jackson, Kentucky, has dorm parent position openings. Evidence of relevant experience or related skills is a must. Personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is essential.
DORM PARENT JOB DESCRIPTION
The dorm parent reports to the dean of students, who reports to the president.
Primary Job Summary: Provide a nurturing, structured, and attractive dormitory experience for boarding students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Know the whereabouts of the students under the dean’s care.
- Enforce the guidelines and standards of the Oakdale program as described in handbooks.
- Daily spend time with each student in the dorm.
- Complete a daily report sheet that documents the amount of time spent with each student.
- Check on students during in-room time and lights-out time and monitor the rooms after lights out.
- Attend all meals.
- Thoroughly understand and utilize the dorm point system.
- Communicate regularly with the dean of students regarding new ideas, the interpretation of existing rules, and consequences for negative behavior.
- Enforce consequences that students receive in other areas of the school program.
- Help the students maintain both their dorm rooms and all common areas with regard to cleanliness and repair of damages.
- Maintain the dorm parent’s own living space in an orderly fashion.
- Address negative behavior outside of the dorm as well as within the dorm.
- Distribute mail.
- Make arrangements with the school nurse regarding doctor and dentist appointments.
Supplemental Ministry: All staff are expected to participate in areas of the Oakdale ministry beyond the confines of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as listed above.
Education and Experience: A college degree is preferred. Previous experience in dormitory supervision is preferred, but not required.