Position Opening: Cook
Oakdale Christian Academy has a position opening in the cafeteria for a cook. Personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is essential.
The cook reports to the principal.
Primary job summary: Plan, coordinate, and prepare meals. Assist in other food preparation duties as directed; maintain facilities in a clean and sanitary condition.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain food quality standards including appearance and nutritional requirements.
- Oversee the cleaning of kitchen equipment, utensils and appliances; assure compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations; clean refrigerators and storerooms as required.
- Conduct inventory and maintain routine records as directed.
- Prepare and bake food for special events as needed; assist at banquets or special events as required.
- Provide other food services as needed and directed.
- Ensure that food quality, nutritional requirements, safety, sanitation, management practices and special meals production meet state standards.
- Maintain inventory records of food services equipment and other supplies and commodities.
- Maintain records and manage reporting activities as required by federal and state laws and regulations governing free and reduced meals programs for needy students.
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation regulations.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervisory responsibilities include overseeing students during dishes and Job Training.
Supplemental Ministry: All staff are expected to participate in areas of the Oakdale ministry beyond the confines of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as listed above.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the successful fulfillment of the position, although training will be provided to the successful applicant
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Principles of good nutrition and quantity food preparations and services.
Price and portion and storage methods.
Proper operation and maintenance of food service equipment.
Food handling, safety and sanitation standards and techniques.
Inventory and record-keeping procedures.
Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
Methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
Standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
Health and safety regulations.
Develop and recommend changes in food services operations.
Implement a variety of operations and training programs and policies.
Analyze food service operations for cost effectiveness.
Maintain records and prepare reports.
Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
Work independently with little direction.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Prepare attractive, appetizing and nutritious meals for students and staff.
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Observe health and safety regulations.
Train and provide work direction to others.
For more information, contact:
Laura Mead, Principal, 5801 Beattyville Rd, Jackson, KY 41339, email@example.com; 5801 Beattyville Rd, Jackson, KY 41339